GIS Day is November 16th, 2016.
Want to know if there is an event near you? Check out this interactive map which shows where each event is located globally. You can also add your event to the map.
Carleton University Library, in conjunction with the Department of Geography & Environmental Studies, is hosting GIS Day.
Come out and take in a presentation or two. There will also be exhibits and games.
(Source: GIS Day)
New to the collection.
Recently released Publications on Governance, produced the European Union.
1. The challenge of resilience in a globalised world
2. The European Parliament and the establishment of a European Ombudsman: twenty years of debate, 11974-1995
3. European statistics for European policies: a wealth of data to underpin the Commission priorities
(Source: European Union)
The Organization of American States(OAS) is the world's oldest regional organization, dating back to the First International Conference of American States, which was held in Washington D.C. in 1889.
The OAS unites all 35 independent states, the Americas and constitutes the main political, juridical and social government forum in the Hemisphere.
In 2015, the OAS published these 3 titles.
1. Evaluation of progress in drug control
This is an annual report which looks at drug abuse, control and abuse in the Americas. You can access the evaluation report by country.
2. Signs of competitiveness in the Americas: a contribution of the Inter-American Competitiveness Network (RIAC)
This annual report (since 2012) takes a look at competition, innovation, entrepreneurship and imagination in the Americas.
3. International migration in the Americas
This annual report is a unique source of information on migration movements to and from countries of the Americas, with harmonised statistics compiled and published regularly.
Its objective is to monitor developments in migration trends and policies affecting these movements across countries of the Americas on a regular basis, as well as to improve the availability of, and access to, data and statistics on migrants.
(Source: MADGIC Staff / OAS)