New to the MADGIC collection. Government publications from OECD.
- China's engagement in Global Energy Governance (IEA)
- Costs of decommissioning nuclear power plants
- Illicit trade: converging criminal networks
- Japan: Boosting growth and well-being in an ageing society
Hurricane Matthew, currently a powerful Category 3 storm, is making its way across Florida. Haiti was hit the hardest, with several hundred dead and areas completely devastated.
These are the maps making the rounds on the Internet.
- Hurricane Matthew on route (Flowing Data)
- Hurricane Matthew (National Hurricane Center)
- Hurricane Matthew (Weather Underground)
- Google's Crisis Map
- WindyTv (Google Maps Mania)
(Source: MADGIC Staff)
Energy sector policy of the AfDB Group is a 2012 report, published by the Asian Development Bank.
African countries face many challenges in their quest to improve the welfare of their populations, one of which is the lack of access to affordable and reliable modern energy.
Africa has the lowest electrification rate of all regions ; it is estimated that only 42% of the population has access to electricity, compared with 75% in the developing world.
(Source: Asian Development Bank)