New to the collection: recent titles on a variety of topics, published by the OECD and available at the OECD iLibrary portal.
1. Farm management practices to foster green growth
2. Teaching excellence through professional learning and policy reform: lessons from around the world
3. The world of public employment services
4. Water governance in cities
5. Household debt in OECD countries
6. Public-Private Partnerships for Statistics
The European Commission Joint Research Centre (JSC) & the European Soil Data Centre (ESDAC) have released the first-ever Global soil biodiversity atlas that maps the soil biodiversity of the entire planet.
It describes soil as habitat for the diversity of organisms that live under our feet. It also draws attention to the threats to soil biodiversity, such as invasive species, pollution and intensive land use practices, or climate change.
The atlas also provides current solutions for a sustainable management of soils.
(Source: European Commission)