1. Attacking the double burden of malnutrition in Asia and the Pacific
Malnutrition's causes and solutions at each stage of the human life cycle are discussed in a regional study on Nutrition Trends, Policies and Strategies and synthesized in this publication. The study aims to create a better understanding of ways to improve life span, quality of life, early cognition and life-long learning, and earning capacity of individuals and nations.
2. GrEEEn solutions for Livable Cities
Practical ways on how urban managers, development practitioners, businesses, and citizens can engage to make cities more livable by building on the city’s unique physical, social, cultural, economic and human resource assets. The scale of urbanization in Asia today is unprecedented in urban history. Asia stands apart from other regions in terms of the absolute growth of the urban population as well as the number of densely populated megacities.
3. The Role of Community Colleges in Skills Development: lessons from the Canadian experience in developing Asia
The purpose of this book is to describe the Canadian approach to skills development, the success is achieved, and the implications of this success for policy toward skills development in Asian emerging economies.
4. Managing the Transition to a Low-Carbon economy: perspectives, policies and practices from Asia
The book assessed the low-carbon and green policies and practices taken by developed Asian countries, identifies gaps, and examines new opportunities for low-carbon green growth.
(Source: Asian Development Bank)
The Martin Prosperity Institute, using data from from the World university rankings, 2016-2017, has mapped 500 top-ranked universities worldwide.
Read more about the Institute's project.
Want to learn more about Canadian rankings? Read "Best universities in Canada 2017" by the Times Higher Education.
(Source: The Atlantic)
New to the MADGIC Collection.
These titles, published by the OECD and available through the OECD iLibrary, are related to wellbeing, education and employment.
- Austria's separate gender roles model was popular in the past, but is becoming a constraint for comprehensive wellbeing
- Exploring the effect of urban structure on individual well-being
- Immigrant students at school: easing the journey towards integration
- Measuring and assessing job quality: the OECD Job Quality Framework
- OECD reviews of health systems: Mexico 2016