Origins and primary regions of diversity of agricultural crops was created by the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT).
It shows where the world's most used crops originated.
For example, potatoes and tomatoes come from the Andes; watermelon from southern Africa; bananas originate from south and southeast asia and ; blueberries from North America.
New to the collection. Government information on a variety of topics, published by the European Union between 2014 and 2016.
1. Benefit of continental flood early warning systems to reduce the impact of flood disasters
2. Comorbidity of substance use and mental disorders in Europe
3. The EU regional human development index
4. Rapid alert system for food and feed: keeping an eye on your food
5. Remediated sites and brownfields: success stories in Europe
6. EU open data: the basics for EU data providers
According to a new edition of FAO's report "Crop Prospects and Food Situation", 34 countries, including 27 in Africa are currently in need of external assistance for food due to drought, flooding and civil unrest.