New to the collection. Government information on a variety of topics, published by the European Union between 2014 and 2016.
1. Benefit of continental flood early warning systems to reduce the impact of flood disasters
2. Comorbidity of substance use and mental disorders in Europe
3. The EU regional human development index
4. Rapid alert system for food and feed: keeping an eye on your food
5. Remediated sites and brownfields: success stories in Europe
6. EU open data: the basics for EU data providers
According to a new edition of FAO's report "Crop Prospects and Food Situation", 34 countries, including 27 in Africa are currently in need of external assistance for food due to drought, flooding and civil unrest.
Greening household behaviour: overview is a 2013 report by the OECD. It is also available online.
Annotation Developing growth strategies that promote greener lifestyles requires a good understanding of the factors that affect people's behaviour towards the environment. Recent OECD work based on periodic surveys of more than 10 000 households across a number of countries and areas represents a breakthrough by providing a common framework to collect unique empirical evidence for better policy design.
This publication presents a data overview of the most recent round of the survey implemented in five areas (energy, food, transport, waste, and water) and 11 countries: Australia, Canada, Chile, France, Israel, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.The new survey confirms the importance of providing the right economic incentives for influencing our decisions. The findings indicate that "soft" measures such as labeling and public information campaigns also have a significant complementary role to play. Spurring desirable behaviour change requires a mix of these instruments.